Website Development is a broad term for the work involved in developing a web site for the Internet (World Wide Web) or an intranet (a private network).
Website Development can range from developing the simplest static single page of plain text to the most complex web-based internet applications, electronic businesses, and social network services.
The best synergy between form and function occurs when aesthetically pleasing design marries with robust yet flexible development. We achieve this for our clients by sticking to tried and tested principles coupled with innovation and forward-thinking.
We start with Digital Strategy, which identifies the needs and goals of the website. Website Design follows where visualisation of the strategy occurs. Finally the vision becomes reality when strategy and design principles solidify as software code in a number of different languages combined with images, animation, video and audio, dependant on requirements.
We do not develop mass-produced websites that are slightly altered clones of thousands of other websites – we like to think that clients choose us because we are able to develop websites that not only stand out aesthetically but perform perfectly.
No two client’s requirements are alike, so the approach we take is a tailored and customised development process that can involve a number of different components.
- Content Management Systems
- WordPress, Joomla and Drupal open-source frameworks that we use constantly.
- E-Commerce Systems
- Open-source applications such as Prestashop, as well as E-commerce additions to most of the main open-source Content Management Systems. Commercial solutions like Magento, Shopify and many others depending on requirements.
- Social Media Application development and integration
- From creating Facebook pages to integrating Social media plugins into content management systems and beyond.
- Custom development
- Sometimes a solution just won’t come out of a box, so we hand-code in a combination of languages to achieve the right result for our clients.
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Despite the fact that SEO is not our core business, we still make sure that client sites are as optimised as they can be.
Some of our website developments can be seen in our website development portfolio.
Areas of expertise
- Database design
- Depending on the requirement, access to data and the efficiency with which it is accessed can depend on a well-designed database.
- Application Server languages
- Although we tend to work predominantly with PHP, we’re fluent in other server-side languages.
- Client-side languages